Friday, April 13, 2007

With a lil bit of help !!

Life's miserable when you run around the Indian Govt. offices especially the passport office. Getting a passport from the Indian Passport Office is as difficult as it gets. The long lines and endless wait, is unberable.At the same time one cant blame the passport office coz of the rampant forgery prevalent in India. But the reader may ask why I mention the passport ofc. It's all because of a dreadful mistake I made on July 7th 2005. It was raining heavily. I went happily carrying my passport in my pocket to find it all drenched. With time the passport lost its sheen and its life, I found myself stuck with a "damaged" passport. With the passport policies rather infexible I had to take to make the obvious move, a duplicate passport. It was difficult because the rules were not extremely in my favour and neither did I have any time. I needed the passport urgently rather badly. Tried to contact all the higher ups whom my father knew but of no avail. I dont know but that night of 15th October something struck my mind. She was aditi, aditi parida. Just for a brief introduction she was in our team for quite some time. Though our interactions were very brief and I had the faith that I could get some help from her. But i was curious and worried because not all girls are that helpful, atleast the ones i have met never were. The next day went fantastic.. meeting her.. wow.. she was all "sure sure" we can do it. Her words were truly encouraging. I was delighted.. I took a deep sigh of relief. By 2 weeks time I had my new passport, thanks to her.. thanks to her father.. both kind a helped me save months of wait and probably anxiety. I owe her and her family in more than one ways. So the next time I carry my passport.. I will echo "thanks thanks aditi".

No comments: